The 38th Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Fundraising Dinner on August 6th promises to be an evening of celebrations as fourteen new members, including Wando, Rocknroll Hanover, Wally Hennessey and Robert Landry, join the best of Canadian Horse Racing.
Held at the Mississauga Convention Centre, the evening will be emceed by Jim Bannon, Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred Racing Analyst and will feature a cocktail reception, a fantastic auction lineup with TSN Radio personality Matt Cauz as guest auctioneer, a four course gourmet dinner and the Induction Ceremony.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame acknowledges the generous sponsorship support of this year’s event: Event Sponsor – OLG; Reception and Wine Sponsor – Central Ontario Standardbred Association; Photography Sponsor – Ontario Standardbred Alliance Tracks and Woodbine Entertainment Group for producing the video tributes to each of the 2014 inductees.
The CHRHF Planning Committee is putting together an impressive list of live and silent auction from donors and supporters including Adena Springs, The Royal Horse Show, Equilease Corp., Greenhawk, the Toronto Maple Leafs and many others. All proceeds from the auction will go directly toward helping the Hall of Fame recognize the achievements of those that have built and established the roots of horse racing in Canada.
- Halter worn by two-time US Thoroughbred Horse of the Year “Wise Dan” (donated by Charles LoPresti)
- Halter worn by 2014 Woodbine Oaks and Queen’s Plate winner “Lexie Lou” (donated by Casse Racing)
- Dinner for 2 at the Turf Club & 2 tickets to the Nashville Predators vs Toronto Maple Leafs (donated by Woodbine Entertainment Group)
- 4 box seat tickets to The Royal Horse Show, Friday November 8th including Tanbark Lounge access (donated by the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Horse Show)
- 2 tickets to Toronto Raptors game during the 2014-15 season (donated by Equilease Corp.)
- Golf for 4 at Angus Glen Golf Course (donated by Angus Glen Golf Course)
- Framed limited edition print by Linda Shantz of 2009 Hall of Fame inductee Somebeachsomewhere
- Framed limited edition print by Debbie Goldring of 1976 Hall of Fame inductee Northern Dancer, the original of which hangs permanently in the Hall.
- Golf for 4 at Ballantrae Golf Club (donated by Schonberg Farm & Ballantrae Golf Course)
- Plus many more items from sports memorabilia and tickets to equine art and collectibles, there’s a little something for everyone.
The Auction item list is being updated as new items are added and can be viewed at: www.canadianhorseracinghalloffame.com
The gala will celebrate the induction of Standardbred honourees Albatross, Dreamfair Eternal, Rocknrollhanover, Dr. Ted Clarke, Wally Hennessey, Robert Murphy and Bill Galvin. Thoroughbred honourees include, Apelia, Cool Mood, Wando, William D. Graham, Robert Landry, Horatio Luro and Arthur Stollery.
The event will also pay tribute to 2014 Legend honourees Archworth and E. King Dodds.
There will also be two significant anniversaries celebrated – the 25th Anniversary of Matts Scooter’s world record set at Mohawk Racetrack and the 50th Anniversary of Northern Dancer’s Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Queen’s Plate wins.
The reception and silent auction will commence at 5:30 p.m., followed by a four course dinner, live auction and induction ceremonies at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are available for $175 per person or $1,700 for a table sponsorship which includes 8 tickets and a $300.00 donation to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame and are available by visiting the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Online Store at http://shop.horseracinghalloffame.com/ or by contacting Linda Rainey 416-417-9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org