If you run a Horse Facility, Riding School or Boarding Barn, we would like you to join us as an Accredited Horse Facility Partner.
Horse Facilities are the hub of equestrian activity. Safety in the management of stables is an important factor in keeping horses and riders healthy and happy.
The Horse Facility Partner program requires Partners to:
- Provide proof of a minimum of $2M in Liability Insurance for the facility
- Have published and posted barn rules
- Require all riders and parents of junior riders to sign a waiver acknowledging the inherent risks of participation
- Sign our Facility Accreditation Checklist and Undertaking which sets out basic standards for the operation of riding facilities including, in part:
- Recommended Ratio of Riders to Coach in lesson programs
- A Requirement that all riders wear helmets
- That riding school horses are safe, sound and suitable for the level of lesson being taught
In exchange for this commitment, Ontario Equestrian will:
- Provide a listing on our directory of riding facilities, and will only recommend riders to those facilities
- Access to our Events Calendar to promote your events
- Support facilities in the participation of programming including:
- Hosting OE Coach and Rider Athlete Development Clinics
- Instructor and Coach Evaluations
- Annual Horse Day Events
- Participation in the Ticket to Ride rider program
- Annual Riding School Demonstration Program at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
- A FREE Facility Partner membership will be given to any OE accredited facility that requires all riders and boarders to carry a current year OE Membership.