The Ontario Equestrian Provincial Officials Program provides an opportunity for students of the sport to learn the basics of the role and responsibilities of an entry level dressage, hunter or jumper judge, or a hunter or jumper course designer.
This program offers training and certification to those who have worked with an official and can provide a reference outlining their experience in mentoring or shadowing in one of these roles.
With those references, annual training and successful completion of a Provincial Level Officials Test, you can become a certified Provincial Official providing support to Equestrian Skills Development competitions in Ontario.
Many people who wish to become Nationally Accredited Officials, start on their path with experience in this program.
To become an accredited official, you must:
- Be an adult OE member
- Hold an Equestrian Canada Sport Licence – Bronze level or higher
- Attend an Ontario Equestrian or Equestrian Canada official’s clinic once every three years
- Be sponsored by 2 individuals with experience in the sport including one who is a Certified Equestrian Canada Official or an NCCP Certified Competition Coach (or higher)
- Pass the Provincial Officials Examination
- Pay an annual Provincial officials Registration Fee of $30 plus HST
- Practice the Officials Code of Conduct
2019 Provincial Officials List
2020 Provincial Dressage Judge Mentor List
Become a provincial, Hunter Jumper Judge, Dressage Judge or Course Designer:
Provincial Officials Insurance Coverage: