- This event has passed.
August 17, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm$99.95
*Coaches Association of Ontario provides funding for coaches through the NCCP Coach Bursary Program: Up to a maximum of $500 per individual in the fiscal year (April 1, 2021-March 31, 2022) will be available to cover up to 75% of eligible course registration fees (workshop training) and up to 90% for completion of certification process (portfolio + evaluation).
Managing Conflict (Multisport) is designed to help coaches develop the skills needed to appropriately identify and resolve conflicts in the coach/athlete environment. This course includes two sessions which will take place on August 17, 2021 and August 18, 2021 from 17:00 to 20:30
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify common sources of conflict in sport
- Recognize individuals and groups that are most likely to find themselves in situations involving conflict
- Prevent and solve conflicts resulting from misinformation, miscommunication or misunderstanding
- Listen and speak effectively in conflict situations
Upon completion of this course, the Coaching Association of Canada’s $85 On-line Evaluation Fee for Managing Conflict will be waived. Successful completion of the evaluation is necessary for EC NCCP High Performance 1 Certification.
Certification Contexts: Competition Coach Specialist; High-Performance 1
How to Register:
- Click REGISTER HERE to take you to the MyEC homepage
- Once logged on to MyEC, scroll down and click the ECampus
- This will put you on the ECampus homepage. Click “Catalog” on the top menu bar, and then “Live Training” in the drop-down menu. This will list all the courses currently open for registration.
*Note: If you haven’t set-up your MyEC account yet, no problem! Follow the prompts on the MyEC home page to get started. You can set-up a free account without having to purchase an EC Sport License.