November 5 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pmFree
Cost: FREE – This course is running for free as part of a Coaches Association of Ontario grant and national initiative to promote the new mental health in sport content recently added to NCCP Modules.
To Register: Please click here
*Coaches must be 14 or older to access NCCP multi-sport training in Ontario*
This is a Competition Introduction multi-sport course.
Upon completing the NCCP Teaching and Learning module, coaches will be able to:
- Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
– Appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
– The use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
– A sound organization;
– Active supervision; and
– The use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.