- This event has passed.
October 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Rookie Riders provides an opportunity for children to experience the joy of the equestrian sport in a fun-filled program.
The program teaches activities and skills that are fundamental to success in horseback riding. It includes basic gymnastics on mats, on a “barrel horse” and concludes with an introduction to riding.
It is a core skill building program that benefits all disciplines.
It is also a safe opportunity to introduce the sport to children we hope will become passionate, and continue to progress in the sport with you as their certified coach or instructor.
About the Program
- Safe and Fun Introduction to riding skills, horses and horsemanship – Riding and Gymnastic activities focus on developing the skills used in equestrian sport
- Introduce OR Reinforce Movement Skills within the FUNdamental Stage of Long Term Equestrian and Athlete Development
- Group and Individual activities
- Provides physical, mental, and emotional engagement
- Participants finish with a:
- Strong foundation in the National Learn to Ride Program – Level 1 (English and Western); and a
- Rookie Riders Progress and Certificate of Completion
This training will enable NCCP Certified Coaches and Instructors to deliver the Rookie Riders Program at their facility. As a certified coach or instructor, you will be provided with the resources required to run the program, including:
- Stable Management Guide and tests
- Gymnastic Guide and Instructional Posters
- Mounted Lesson Guide
- Lesson Summary Chart for easy reference
- Progress Certificates with stickers to track their path to completion, and a Certificate of Completion
For an understanding of the skill development objectives typically taught at the “FUNdamental” stage of athlete development, review the Long Term Athlete/Equestrian Development program on our Website at https://ontarioequestrian.ca/programs/lted/
Registration Form: 2018_INSTRUCTOR AND COACHING EDUCATION REGISTRATION FORM
Cost: FREE for NCCP certified coaches and instructors