July 10 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$135.00
Become a Rookie Riders Instructor Today!
Rookie Riders provides an opportunity for children to experience the joy of equestrian sport in a fun-filled program.
The curriculum for Rookie Riders Instructor Training 1 includes options for delivering the program without a horse. It includes:
- Horse inspired activities and games to develop fundamental movement skills and knowledge about how to interact with and move safely around horses
- Ground-based skills that help develop strength, posture and body awareness, and specific movement skills to be able to safely mount and dismount a horse
- A “barrel horse” where skills can be specifically taught and practiced
- An activity bank and sample lesson plan that helps students progress systematically from ground-based skills to mounted skills.
*This course is a prerequisite for Rookie Riders Instructor Training 2, which includes training for mounted skills on a horse.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Click REGISTER HERE to take you to the MyEC homepage
- Once logged on to MyEC, scroll down and click the ECampus
- This will put you on the ECampus homepage. Click “Catalog” on the top menu bar, and then “Live Training” in the drop-down menu. This will list all the courses currently open for registration.
- All participants must hold a current Equestrian Canada Coach License.
*Note: If you haven’t set up your MyEC account yet, no problem! Follow the prompts on the MyEC home page to get started. You can set up a free account without having to purchase an EC Sport License.
EC Registered Coaches save 15% and Licensed Coaches save 35% on the above course fees.
(These discounts are also available for those with pending applications.)