Job Title: GRIT (Great Riders Intensive Training) Head Coach
Core Responsibility: The Head Coach is responsible for designing and implementing Ontario Equestrian’s new GRIT program for talented, up-and-coming riders who are striving to represent their country at future major games.
Require Duties: The GRIT Head Coach is responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Work with equestrian athletes in three Olympic disciplines (Show Jumping, Eventing, and Dressage) at the various stages of LTAD (Long Term Athlete Development)
- Lead the annual program selection criteria and process for equestrian athletes to participate in the GRIT program beginning in the Fall of 2019
- Coach athletes at training camps (between May and September annually) and travel to local training facilities for one-on-one training opportunities with athletes and their coaches
- Assist coaches to enhance their skills by directing them to Ontario Equestrian for additional training opportunities and professional development
- Coordinate IST benchmarking at CSIO for all program athletes and ensure the integration of the IST plan to the athletes YTP
- Arrange regular training sessions with IST teams to coincide with training camps
- Monitor athlete’s progress and competition results, work with their coaches to modify training programs to improve performance as necessary
- Monthly meeting with the OE Director of Sport, more frequent as the program launches and during athlete selection periods
Skills and Educational Requirement: The GRIT Head Coach must be an active NCCP Certified Competition Development or High-Performance Coach who has a minimum of 5 years of proven experience and success coaching Competition Development athletes. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and is a reliable self-starter who is confident to work in a fast-paced changing environment. Candidates with a thorough understanding of sport science or have a Kinesiology and/or Coaching degree will be strongly preferred. Coaching References will be required.
Other Job Expectations: Valid Driver’s license is required as the GRIT Head Coach will travel within the GTA, Ottawa, and annual Championship competitions (passport required). Frequent weekend work during competition season is required.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references in confidence to Pam Coburn, quoting GRIT Head Coach—Your First/Last Name in the subject line. Deadline to submit is Sept 20th@ 5 pm.