Position: Administrative Coordinator, Membership, Finance and Sanctioning
Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Currently remote. OE will be moving to an office in York Region in 2022.
The Administrative Coordinator at OE is a key role as it is the first point of contact for members and the general public. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, organized individual with excellent customer service skills. Specific responsibilities include membership, competition sanctioning and assistance with general accounting.
Critical elements of the role include assisting the membership, competition organizers and working collaboratively with the OE Staff.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Main reception – manage and respond to public and member inquires
- Administrative tasks: photocopying, mailing, filing, answering “info@” email address on behalf of OE
- Main contact with membership base via email, mail and phone – address all inquiries, concerns, and handle processing of memberships
- Ensure all organizational data (for memberships and financial support) is accurate in data system
- Ensure data system is functioning correctly and identify any errors and inefficiencies; ensure these are resolved
- Prepare, format and ensure monthly reports are submitted to the correct parties, while complying with organization’s policies
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare, format and save reports to support financials as needed by Director of Finance
- Assist with member verification for relevant parties as needed
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Support Director of Finance with year-end audit as needed
- Process applications, ensure accurate and complete
- Verify that officials, venue and organizers are up to date with memberships and licenses
- Follow up with organizers in a timely manner with missing information
- Ensure competitions are adhering to EC rules
- Process payments or refunds using VISA, MasterCard, Cheque or E-transfer
- Issue receipts, certification letters and credentials for competitions
- Supporting Executive Director’s appointment schedule by assisting with planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel (flights, hotels, etc.)
- Place orders for office equipment as needed: general office supplies, copier supplies, mail machine supplies, shipping supplies
- Assist with compiling, tracking, and following up with registrations/orders as needed for special events (i.e. Clinic registrations)
- From time to time, assist at offsite OE events (i.e. AGM, RAWF, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Contribute toward team and culture
- Support effective communications to maintain clarity and effective knowledge transfer
- Support the Finance Department and other OE staff as required
- Foster a collaborative work environment and team culture in all aspects of the organization
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Office Administration is strongly preferred
- 3+ years’ experience relevant work experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Knowledge of equestrian sport is an asset but not required
Skills and Abilities
- High level of proficiency with Zoom, Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience and skill with online databases and project management software (SmartSheet)
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- High level of integrity and consistent professionalism
- Highly organized, adaptable and able multi-task
- Values collaboration and teamwork
- A combination of relevant skills, experience, and education will be considered
- On condition of the offer, applicants will be required to be complete screening in accordance with the organization’s screening policy
- Successful completion of safe sport training and other employee training as required
- Normal business hours at OE are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday; however, work in the evening and weekends will be required from time to time for OE events
- Location – OE staff are currently working remotely. We are looking for a new office location in York Region to return to by September 2022.
- Occasional travel may be required
Application Instructions & Deadline
Interested applicants can submit their resume, along with a cover letter detailing suitability for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your full name in the email subject along with the following text: “Application – Administrative Coordinator”.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Wednesday May 4, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: May 23, 2022
Commitment to Diversity
Ontario Equestrian is an equal opportunity employer, and we afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining OE. Given the potential volume of applications, we will only contact those candidates selected for interviews. Thank you for your understanding.