Jump Canada is pleased to announce the distribution of $5,000 in Venue Development Funds. The Venue Development Fund, financed by the Jump Canada Levy, directly impacts hunter, jumper and equitation riders and owners across the country through subsidizing improvements at competition facilities.
The fund is rewarded to show organizers, or geographic groups of competitions that re-invest in their competition facilities to enhance the showing experience and conditions for competitors and their horses.
Each year, competitions are invited to submit applications and receipts of work completed during the current year to the Venue Development Fund. The money is divided among the applications that the committee feels will have the most positive impact on competition improvement and the competitor’s showing experience.
Examples of funded programs include the purchase of jumps and safety cups, development of natural obstacles like a bank or grob, enhancements to competition facilities and the purchase of equipment such as a ring conditioner. Facility improvements to footing and stabling on competition grounds are also considered.
The 2013 funds are divided as follows:
- Jump with Hope for Kids with Cancer (AB) – $1,000 – Indoor arena resurfaced, German Geo Textile footing
- Rocky Mountain Show Jumping (AB) – $2,500 – Grand Prix warm up area with German Geo Textile footing
- Cedar Run Class (ON) – $1,000 – Improvements to Grand Prix jumper ring
- Orangeville Show Jumping (ON) – $500 – making both hunter and jumper rings larger
Conditions required for application:
- Venue must have run one or more Gold and/or Platinum competitions in 2013.
- Venue must have applied to hold one or more Gold and/or Platinum competitions in 2014.
- A venue may receive funding only once in each two-year period; venues that receive funding in 2013 may not apply in 2014.
- Venues awarded funding are required to acknowledge receipt of funds in their prize list.
- To be eligible for funding, projects must have been completed in 2013.
Information regarding the Venue Development Fund may be found on the Jump Canada website at www.equinecanada.ca/jumpcanada/.