Ontario Equestrian proudly offers a minimum of five $1,000 bursaries every year to junior members to help them achieve their equestrian goals. The OE Youth Bursary is aimed at supporting young horse persons of all disciplines who are current OE members, full-time high school students and where financial resources and/or personal hardship is a significant impediment to them reaching their equestrian goals.
What can the money be used for?
The bursaries can be used to help pay for the following:
- Riding lessons
- Training fees
- Competition fees
- Continuing education,
- Other activities that will assist you to achieve your equestrian objectives
Who can apply?
If you can answer yes to the following questions you are eligible to apply!
- Are you a current OE Junior Member?
- Are you currently attending a high school in Ontario?
- Do you need financial assistance to help achieve your riding goals?
How to apply?
Only applications that include the following items will be considered complete and eligible:
- Completed Youth Bursary Application
- Up to 500 word essay describing the applicants experience with horses and how the applicant plans on using the Bursary money
- A colour photo of the applicant along with their horse (if applicable) is attached to the application and an electronic version has been emailed to email@example.com (minimum 300 dpi)
- Recommendation letter from your coach or personal reference letter if you do not have a coach
- A copy of the applicants most recent report card
Congratulations to all past OE Youth Bursary recipients!