Effective 2018, Ontario Equestrian (OE) is offering a new Club/Affiliate Partner Program for our members. This program replaces the previous “Association” and “Recreation” programs, that were almost entirely focused on offering funding support to small one-off projects around the province.
This new program comes after a thoughtful review of our objectives as an organization, and our obligation to allocate our revenue (comprised of membership funds, sponsor revenues and government grants) in a way that best serves our members.
If you have been following our work over this past summer, you’ll know that we have been working closely with a number of recreational and trail organizations, including municipal and regional governments – advocating for equestrian access to trails, and supporting the voice of equestrian communities in those discussions.
As these discussions evolve, our role to support this community is becoming clearer, and we are now allocating resources to new initiatives such as a published Guide to Equestrian Trail Riding, and partnering with our new Insurance and Risk Management Partner, Intercity Insurance to develop an education and information program that will be driven by the principles of safety and best practices.
Our relationship with all of our members is about more than insurance. It’s about building relationships that inform our policy and programming for all of our members, including those who participate on a recreational basis, no matter what your interest.
The kinds of benefits that recreational members will derive from this partnership include but are not limited to:
- A Concussion and Return to Play policy based on the most current science
- A Member funded Research program supporting Equine Guelph’s research into the health and care of equines
- The return of an Ontario Equestrian annual symposium providing opportunities for education, information and to meet fellow equestrians from across the province
- Dedicated trail safety and advocacy programming, and
- All of the usual benefits and offerings we provide to our members – discounts, subscriptions and special events
This Club/Affiliate Partner Program also provides the opportunity to benefit from Club Insurance offered by our Insurance and Risk Management Partner, Intercity Insurance.
Intercity Insurance has been providing insurance solutions to Non-Profit and For-Profit Organizations and Associations across Canada since opening its doors in 1998. Whether the organization is Regional or Provincial, they have programmes that ensure the security of the Board of Directors, the volunteers and others who make the organization “work” including:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Officers and Directors (Management) liability insurance
- Property insurance
- Exclusive products designed for your members
- Risk Assessment and Management
Intercity Insurance and Ontario Equestrian will be partnering together at this years Can-Am All Breed Equine Expo, April 6-8th. We invite everyone to visit us at our booth to ask your questions, pick-up the new Guide to Equestrian Trail Riding and participate in our survey to better understand our recreational members interests to guide our programming.
If you have questions about this new program, please reach out to our office at email@example.com or call us toll free at 1-877-441-7112.