Friday May 21, 2021
After Premier Ford’s announcement yesterday, we share the following update. As the Government has stated, the Roadmap to Reopen is a cautious three-step plan that will guide a safe and gradual reopening of the province and the lifting of public health measures based on the province-wide vaccination rate and improvements in key public health and health system indicators.
At this point, these are the critical dates. (Of course, dates and rules may change.)
- May 21, 2021 – The Stay-at-Home Order continues in place.
- May 22, 2021 (at 12:01 am) – The Stay-at-Home Order continues in place. You can leave your residence as necessary for certain purposes including exercise at outdoor recreational amenities which include horse riding facilities, with restrictions. There is an outdoor gathering size limit of 5 (not applicable to, for example, members of a single household).
- June 3, 2021 – The Stay-at-Home Order is scheduled to end June 2, so on June 3 it seems that there will be no restriction on leaving your residence.
- June 14, 2021 (week of) – Step One of the Roadmap expected to begin this week.
- gathering sizes increase to 10 people outdoors.
- the Government has referred to ‘sports training’ so we are assuming at this point that lessons will be permissible.
As the Government is no longer using the colour ‘Zone’ system and is moving to a Step One, Two and Three system, we anticipate that there will be new regulations coming out soon.
Stay tuned for further updates.
* The preceding is not legal advice*
As always, we encourage you to check with your insurance provider.
For information provided by the Government, please click the button below:
|Looking forward to brighter days ahead.|
Tracey McCague-McElreaExecutive Director