|Wednesday December 23, 2020|
Dear Members of Ontario Equestrian,
As the situation in Ontario with the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve rapidly, we recognize this is a stressful and challenging time for our equestrian community.
Please be advised:
Provincewide shutdown: Effective 12:01 AM on Saturday, December 26, 2020, the entire Province of Ontario will be moved to the Grey Zone – Lockdown.
Where, and how long, are the Provincewide Shutdown restrictions in effect?
The restrictions are in effect for all of Ontario from Saturday, December 26, 2020 to Saturday, January 9, 2021.
The restrictions would remain in effect from Saturday, January 9, 2021 to Saturday January 23, 2021 for all 27 public health unit regions in Southern Ontario (refer to Appendix A).
Some details of the restrictions which will be in effect when the Provincewide Shutdown is in place:
Please pay attention to the following restrictions which are part of the Provincewide Shutdown:
Sports and recreational fitness facilities
– Facilities for indoor or outdoor sports and recreational fitness activities are closed except for:
– The sole use of high performance athletes including parasport athletes, and specified professional leagues (for example, NHL, CFL, MLS, NBA)
– Specified purposes (for example, child care) but not for day camps
– Outdoor recreational amenities (for example, ice rinks, ski hills, snow trails) open with restrictions (for example, no team sports)
– Community centres and multi-purpose facilities (for example, YMCA) allowed to be open for permitted activities (for example, child care services, social services) but not for day camps
– No indoor or outdoor sports or recreational classes are permitted at any indoor or outdoor sport or recreational facility
Boarding kennels and stables
Permitted to open for animal’s owner or their representative to visit the animal, assist in the care or feeding of the animal or, as applicable, ride the animal where necessary for the health and welfare of the animal
These descriptions of the mentioned restrictions are based on the wording of the relevant Government Regulation.
Please click the following link for the updated Framework published by the Government:
COVID-19 Response Framework
Ontario Equestrian will continue to advocate on behalf of our equestrian community and we encourage you to keep spreading the word about the For The Herd Campaign as we head into the winter months.
We thank you for your kindness and support through this most difficult time.
Wishing everyone a safe holiday.