Director of Finance and Administration
Supervisor’s Title: Executive Director
Position Level: Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience – applicants must indicate their salary expectations in their cover letter
Job Posting Date: December 16, 2022
Application Deadline: January 9, 2023
The Director of Finance and Administration is primarily responsible for managing the financial risks, financial planning, and human resources activities of Ontario Equestrian. This position is also responsible for general administration, payroll, information technology, and high-level legal matters. This position represents the professionalism expected by the membership, Board members, and internal staff at all levels.
- Analyzing the organization’s financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions.
- Manage all accounting and financing transactions, processes, and activities including accounts payable, receivables, expense reports, refunds, and payroll including benefits, tax, and payroll remittances, ensuring all practices are completed on time, accurately, and adhere to applicable legislative and compliance requirements.
- Manage all accounting information and provide accurate financial records, analytical support, and recommendations for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on a timely basis, including but not limited to tax, regulatory, and other reporting requirements.
- Prepare working papers, reconciliations, monthly income and expense statements, and all applicable year-end paperwork and reports.
- Manage and support the auditors for the annual financial audit.
- Manage the budget and forecasting process and ensure budget timelines and schedules are met. Coordinate preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Work with senior management to prepare the annual budget for approval by the Executive Director, the Finance & Audit Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Manage all funding and investment activities and resources. Provide reports and supporting analysis and recommendations on a timely basis. Oversee the tendering process on behalf of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Support the Finance & Audit Committee of the Board and provide financial information accordingly.
- Work with and provide oversight in the areas of compensation; employee and volunteer agreements; Health & Safety and AODA issues and reporting; staff issues and evaluations; staff and volunteer orientation and mandatory training; managing legislative reporting. Ensure accurate reporting and record-keeping of people-related information.
- Assess and align our organizational structure to support growth and change to meet current and future business needs.
- Manage infrastructure for the organization, including overseeing leases, insurance, technology, office and telecommunications equipment, business contracts, merchandise transactions, inventory management, and other corporate business requirements. Ensure efficiency and user satisfaction.
- Manage the information technology requirements on behalf of Ontario Equestrian. Research and recommend investments and enhancements. Oversee technology investments to ensure a solid ROI.
- Manage and oversee all day-to-day office administration and ensure professional, proactive responsiveness for internal and external issues, questions, and follow-up communication.
- Act in a manner consistent with the values and as an Ambassador of Ontario Equestrian.
- Executive Director
- OE staff
- Equestrian Canada finance department
- OE Finance Committee and the Board of Directors
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- At least eight years of general accounting and financial management experience
- Previous experience in managing organizational IT needs, HR, and high-level legal issues
- At least five years of experience supervising/managing staff
- Some experience with a not-for-profit organization and volunteer committees is an asset
- Experience dealing with Senior Executives and Boards an asset
- General business knowledge, analytical thinking, and planning skills
- Exceptional accounting skills
- Excellent financial management and business analysis skills
- Excellent understanding of human resource management
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit governance and legislative requirements
- Experience with Sage and related financial programs or software
- Excellent skills in computer software, spreadsheets (Excel), accounting and reporting programs, database and relationship management and word processing software, LANs
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and your salary expectations via email no later than Friday, January 9, 2023:
Attn: Executive Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note Director, Finance & Administration in the subject line)
Note: Salary will be commensurate with the level of experience, skills, and qualifications, and subject to negotiation with successful applicant.
We thank all applicants and will contact only those invited for an interview.
Ontario Equestrian is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace to build an inclusive workforce where all employees can reach their potential. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities act, 2005, and Disabilities Act of Canada, upon request, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.