Welcome to Ontario Equestrian’s amateur high performance program, GRIT – Great Rider Intensive Training! GRIT athletes are between the ages of 13 and 30, who reside in Ontario, are current OE members, and compete in any one of the following three Olympic disciplines – Show Jumping, Eventing, or Dressage.
GRIT is targeted at podium-bound athletes with successful competition experience, whose goal is to represent Ontario in one of Equestrian Canada’s National Team programs:
Entry into the program will require the athlete, their parents, and their coach to commit to participating in a series of cross-discipline training camps, led by top international discipline experts. This program will also include sport-specific training in partnership with CSIO (Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario) located at the Pan Am Centre in Toronto, Ontario.
GRIT will be led by Head Coach Christilot Boylen, with the assistance of additional discipline advisors who will provide their expertise to build the program.
For more information regarding eligibility, applications, and deadlines to apply, please click on the links below:
- 2022-03-25 – Horse Sport – 2022 GRIT Team Announced
- 2022-03-15 – 2022 GRIT Team Announced
- 2022-03-10 – Hitting Your Stride Podcast – Episode 33 – Dancing Through the Tough Times: with Christilot Boylen
- 2021-04-02 – Hitting Your Stride Podcast – Episode 8 – GRIT: More than just a mindset
- 2021-03-10 – Ontario Equestrian Announces 2021 GRIT Team
- 2020-10-02 – Ontario’s GRIT Team Holds Second Training Camp
- 2020-01-17 – Ontario Equestrian Announces GRIT Training Program Athletes
- 2019-11-04 – GRIT Program with Christilot Boylen launched by Ontario Equestrian
- 2019-11-01 – Press Release – GRIT
GRIT Team 2022
The GRIT Grads archive is a collection to celebrate the graduates of the program. Search or browse the directory to read more on their success stories and connect with them through social media.