NOTICE is hereby given to all Equine Canada members that a General Meeting of its Members has been called for:
When: September 22, 2012 at 4 pm EDST
Where: 450 chemin de Gaspé, Bromont Equestrian Park, Quebec – Hospitality Tent, Canadian Interprovincial Equestrian Championships
Why: For the purpose of voting on recommended changes to the official Bylaws of Equine Canada
As many of you know, the past several months have seen tremendous collaboration, on a number of fronts, on behalf of the country’s equestrian sport and horse industry. At the same time, the Federal Government enacted new legislation in 2011 governing Not-For-Profit Corporations – Equine Canada is a not-for-profit organization. This combination of events has necessitated the revision of several sections of Equine Canada’s Bylaws. The Board of Directors has therefore called a General Meeting for the purpose of voting on the recommended revised Bylaws.
The review the ‘Equine Canada Recommended Bylaw Changes’ please CLICK HERE.
In order to vote, members must be eligible to vote and be in good-standing as of August 7, 2012. (Please see eligibility criteria below.)
If members are unable to attend this meeting to vote in person, they may exercise their vote on the recommended Bylaws electronically. Our online registration process generates an email with an access code and password, which then permits them to vote on-line.
Electronic voting will open August 9, 2012 and close August 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. Mail-in ballots must be received by Equine Canada by August 23, 2012.
In order to receive a printable/printed version of the ballot form by either mail, email or fax, members may call or email Crystal Labelle at 1 866-282 8395 x 114 / firstname.lastname@example.org with their membership information. Upon verification of the member’s information, the member will be sent a numbered ballot by the method of their choice, with instructions on how to submit the ballot.
Note: if members register and/or request a ballot to vote between August 9 and 24, 2012 they will not be permitted to vote in person at the General Meeting, but are welcome to attend.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we hope you will take the time to exercise your vote on these recommended changes to the Equine Canada Bylaws, and to encourage that your members do the same.
Michael Gallagher, President, Equine Canada
Tony La Giorgia, Secretary, Equine Canada
- Any individual member in good standing (current 2012 membership as of August 7) with Equine Canada, including joint memberships with a Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization. Members will be asked to show proof of membership and residency in registering to vote. Junior members are not eligible to vote.
- Every Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization in good standing for 2012 has one vote through an appointed delegate.
- Equine Canada National Association and Corporate members, in good standing for 2012, have one vote through an appointed delegate.
- All individual members who are under 18 on January 1, 2012 are juniors (for all of 2012) and may not vote (regardless of their age on August 7, 2012).
- All individual members who are 18 or older on January 1, 2012 are Individual members and may vote accordingly.