- This event has passed.
September 19 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 7:00 pm, repeating until September 21, 2023
This course will take place on three consecutive evenings during National Coaches Week: September 19, 20 & 21
Participants must attend all sessions to receive credit.
NCCP Coach Bursary Program
Up to a maximum of $300 per individual in the fiscal year (April 1, 2023-March 31, 2024) will be available to cover up to 60% of eligible course registration fees (workshop training) and up to 90% for completion of certification process (portfolio + evaluation). Home study workshops are no longer eligible. More info: https://www.coachesontario.ca/programs-resources/funding-for-coaches/
Plan an Equestrian Practice helps coaches develop the skills needed to plan a practice (lesson) that meets the standard of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and to develop an Emergency Action Plan.
This module prepares coaches to plan safe and effective lessons. The Equestrian Canada NCCP Plan an Equestrian Practice module will prepare you to:
- Explain the importance of logistics in the development of a practice (lesson) plan
- Establish an appropriately structured lesson and identify appropriate activities in accordance with EC’s LTED Framework
Plan an Equestrian Practice will give you the skills to:
- Organize a well-structured practice (lesson) plan with safe, age-appropriate activities you’ve designed to match the proficiency level of participants
- Identify potential risk factors that could impact the sport and practice activities
- Create an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Identify practice goals and design activities that offer the best training benefits for the athletic skills required in your sport
Certification Contexts: Instructor; Competition-Coach; Competition Coach Specialist