- This event has passed.
August 11 - August 13
The Ontario Equestrian Dressage Development Series intends to promote young dressage horses on their competitive pathway through qualifying classes and a season-end championship.
Declare your interest to begin accumulating scores toward the series championship here: Declaration Form
Only scores accumulated after the declaration is made will apply to the Championships.
- To develop Canadian horses to be able to compete at an appropriate level for their age
- To accustom riders and coaches to develop young horses with a steady and well-laid-out schedule over the summer series
- To offer a final championship goal
- 4 & 5-year-olds / Open / 1st Level Test 1
- 5 & 6-year-olds / Open / 2nd Level Test 1
- 6 & 7-year-olds / Open / 3rd Level Test 1
- 7-10 year-olds / FEI PSG Test
The classes will have enhanced conditions based on the level (see below for details) and will offer a warm-up training ring.
Ottawa Dressage Festival | May 18-21
Saddlewood Equestrian Centre | Centreline Dressage | June 2-4
Westar Farms | June 3-4
Caledon Equestrian Park | Caledon Dressage | June 16-18
Location TBD | Centreline Dressage | June 24-25
Westar Farms | July 15-16
Angelstone Tournaments | Caledon Dressage | July 21-23
Location TBD | Centreline Dressage | July 29-30
Caledon Equestrian Park | Caledon Dressage | August 11-13
Saddlewood Equestrian Centre | Centreline Dressage | September 1-3
Championships @ Caledon Equestrian Park | Caledon Dressage | September 8-9
- All classes will be ridden at the Gold level
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd levels must be ridden in front of a minimum of 1 EC senior judge
- PSG will be ridden in front of 2 judges (1 must be a minimum of EC senior)
- Horses and Riders wishing to qualify for the Championship must have ridden in at least two of the listed competitions – the highest score from each competition will be used for qualifying for the Championship
- Horses can do 2 consecutive levels (assuming they meet the age requirements for each class) as outlined above
- Class options may be offered on each competition day of multi-day shows (at the discretion of the show organization
- The championship class will be held on the Saturday of the designated show (September 9)
- Qualifying scores to compete in the Championship is 65% from each of the 2 shows
- All qualified horses must compete in the final championship barring unforeseen circumstances
The Ontario Equestrian Dressage Development Series will culminate with Championship classes held at the Caledon Equestrian Park on September 9.