Ontario Equestrian proudly offers five $1,000 bursaries every year to junior members to help them achieve their equestrian goals. The goal of the OE Youth Bursary is to support young equestrians of all disciplines who are current OE members, full-time high school students, and where financial resources and/or personal hardship is a significant impediment to reaching their equestrian goals.
How can the bursary be used?
- Riding lessons
- Training fees
- Competition fees
- Continuing education
Who can apply?
- Current OE Junior Members
- Students currently enrolled full-time in an Ontario high school
- Individuals who demonstrate the need for financial assistance
How to apply?
Only applications that include the following items will be considered complete and eligible:
- Completed Youth Bursary Application
- Up to 500-word essay describing the applicant’s experience with horses and how the applicant plans on using the bursary money
- A digital color photo of the applicant with their horse (minimum 300 dpi)
- A letter of reference from the applicant’s coach, trainer, or clinician with whom you have worked during the past 12 months
- A copy of the applicant’s current interim report card
Congratulations to all past OE Youth Bursary recipients!